Thursday, November 23, 2006

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

President Bush pardoned two lucky turkeys Wednesday morning, during the annual "National Thanksgiving Turkey Ceremony" at the White House. The two turkeys, named Fryer, and Flyer, then took off for Disneyland in California to serve as grand marshals in the Disneyland Thanksgiving day parade. Anyone care to guess which of the above pictures DIDN'T appear on the White House's website? - LOL!

Americans shouldn't be surprised however, that some of George Bush's pictures from the occasion turned out a little less than "flattering." Wonkette would also like to remind you that all presidents look like twits during the annual Turkey Pardon Photo Op. Now for you creative folks out there, Below The Beltway wants you to create a caption for the picture in their "Thanksgiving Caption Contest!"

Anyway, jokes (and politics) aside, I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!! Be safe, and try to stay warm!!! I have a rather large family, so things around the holidays can get a bit chaotic! That's especially true this year, because my cousin serving in the marines is stationed in San Diego, and had to return to California Monday morning, after coming back to Richmond for a short visit, so we all had a small Thanksgiving dinner Sunday evening at my aunt's house. Tomorrow, I'll be having dinner with my Dad's side of the family, and my Mom's side will have Thanksgiving dinner Saturday. Chaotic indeed!

I'll also be making a few changes to the layout of the blog tonight, or Thursday morning, so if you stop by and some things seem out of place, that's why. If anyone has any suggestions, or wants their blog added to the blog roll, please don't hesitate to email me! One thing I already plan on doing is something I'll call "The Daily Rundown" each day linking to stories or other blog posts that I found interesting, important, funny, etc., that weren't otherwise discussed here. So look for that to start tomorrow or Friday evening!

Once again, have a great holiday everyone!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for the GOP bloodbath that took place two weeks ago.

Terry Carter said...

Ditto that.