Saturday, May 12, 2007

Tommy Thompson endorses Depends

Earlier this week, Tommy Thompson and his team of (clearly) grossly under qualified campaign staff tried to convince Americans that a broken hearing aid caused him to give an extremely bigoted answer to a question at last week's Republican debates. What lame excuse are they offering up now? Well, lets just say Tommy Thompson could totally be the new spokesman for Depends.

Tommy Thompson cited a dead hearing aid and an urgent need to use the bathroom in explaining on Saturday why he said at a GOP presidential debate that an employer should be allowed to fire a gay worker.

Speaking to reporters after giving an address at the state GOP convention, Thompson also said he was suffering from the flu and bronchitis and had been admitted to a hospital emergency room three days prior to the May 3 debate.

"Nobody knows that," Thompson said. "I've been very sick. ... I was very sick the day of the debate. I had all of the problems with the flu and bronchitis that you have, including running to the bathroom. I was just hanging on. I could not wait until the debate got off so I could go to the bathroom."

Hmmm, I've never known bronchitis NOR the flu to cause BLADDER control problems.

UPDATE: By the way, Thompson's official campaign website list his views on marriage as the following:

Governor Thompson believes marriage is between a man and a woman. He supports states’ rights in determining the definition of marriage and believes it should be done legislatively or by referendum.

So Tommy, you want to put the rights of a minority up for a popular vote? While at the same time making statements like this:

There's nothing discriminatory about me at all.

HAH! I call bullshit.

No comments: